The ISBE mandates you have to teach Biological and Physical Science. You also have to teach Health. This is the order I’ll be teaching the different areas. As I’ve said before, I’m trying to make homeschooling as normal as can be for my daughter so we are going by the standard grading periods.
(GP1) Earth and Space
(Planned) Hands-on activities
In the coming weeks, I will add more info on the projects mentioned below: videos, pictures, questionnaires. I might add more since my daughter loves science.
- Design a planet (oral presentation, LA, art, computer skills, and SC)
- Color-changing crystals (learn about chemical reaction)
- Use a microscope to explore nature – view cells
- Build a solar-powered wind chime.
- Underwater volcano
- Galaxy rocks
- Conduct chemistry experiments from Discovery kit (link below)
If you don’t have access to a microscope, here’s the link for one.